Monday 19 August 2013

London baby!

A couple of days ago I came back from a family trip to London. It was my 3rd time and I loved it as much as the first time, maybe a little bit more.. I don't know what it is but I am a bit obsessed with that city... It's the best place to shop, whatever your budget is, and there is so much sightseeing to do! I also love the people because they are so polite! People usually say that english people are a bit surly but I don't agree at all. Here in Holland when you bump into someone by accident you just wisper sorry without even looking at that person but in London, even on the tube, they take the time to give a proper apology.

I want to talk about a few of my favourite places which I think you should defenitely visit if  you are in London. Let's start with Camden Town / Camden Market. If you are a bit into the alternative scene and you like to stand out this is the place to be. You see all kinds of styles come together; punkers, emo's, skaters, lolita's and even burlesque. You can find the Camden Stables Market there, which is my favourite place of London. There are lots of little shops where you can buy pretty much everything you can think of, for quite a good price if you bargain the right way. You can find food stalls with food from all over the world, and I find most of it absolutely delicious.

The next place I am going to talk about is Notting Hill. I think everyone knows Notting Hill from the film but it's actually really nice to walk around for half a day or something. You can enjoy the sight of cute houses in every colour you can think of while you can do a little bit of shopping in the vintage shops.

Last but not least, the best places to shop! I am not an extremely rich person so my main interests when it comes to shops are (or comparable with) Primark, New Look and Forever 21. I think the best place to go is the huge Westfield shopping centre. Not Oxford street? No. I do love Oxford street but it's so crowded and I personally hate crowds when it comes to shopping. Especially Primark in Oxford street, I don't think anyone ever walked out without being sweaty, thirsty and having make-up smudged all over their face.. Not my ideal shopping experience to be honest.  I did really enjoy the Westfield shopping centre. It's quite large, not just because of the amount of shops but because everything is massive ( walls, floor, stairs) it doesn't feel so crowded and chaotic. It's also quite easy to reach. You can take the train from Liverpoolstation to Stratford and you'll literally arrive next to the shopping centre.

If there's anything else you want to know about my shopping trip to London, feel free to ask!

Notting Hill

2 comments: